Campaign & Advocacy Fellow
The Environmental League of Massachusetts Action Fund is looking for current students to join our Campaign and Advocacy Fellows program for the Spring 2024 session. Help us elect environmental champions, advance strong environmental policy, and build the power of the environmental community in Massachusetts.
Our paid spring fellowship program runs from early February through May. A minimum commitment of 15-20 hours per week is required but exact start and end dates are flexible.
Spring session details:
- Hybrid work environment with both in-person and remote work required
- Work is approximately 75% advocacy, data management, research, and in-office campaign work, 25% in-district campaign work (door knocking, phone banking, etc)
- Some nights and weekends are required
- 15 – 20 hours/ week, $15/ hour
Competitive Candidates Will Possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort talking to voters on the phone and in person
- Strong research, data management, and note taking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to environmental advocacy
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a self-starter
- Commitment to understanding racial justice and equity’s vitality to addressing climate change
- Community organizing or political campaign experience a plus
- Customer service or similar experience a plus
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume as PDFs (titled ‘First Name Last Name Resume’/’First Name Last Name Cover Letter’) to email@example.com. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. Please address your cover letter to Alicia Goganian. Indicate that you are applying for the fellowship program spring session in the subject line of your email.