Reporting to: Development Director
Supporting: ELM and the ELM Action Fund
The Environmental League of Massachusetts (ELM) and the ELM Action Fund (ELM AF) are committed to advocating for policy and building political power in Massachusetts that meet the scale and urgency of our environmental challenges. We are recruiting a Development Coordinator to support both organizations. The Development Coordinator will be an integral member of a collegial and effective 13-person advocacy team. Read our purpose, mission, vision, and values for ELM and the ELM Action Fund.
The Development Coordinator is crucial to making sure ELM and the ELM Action Fund function efficiently and have sufficient resources to achieve our environmental mission. This position is centered around supporting our fundraising efforts and tackling our general administration. The employee will report directly to the Development Director and be an integral member of a collegial and effective 13-person advocacy team. This is an opportunity to join a collaborative, mission driven organization where both your work and professional development are valued.
- Development Research & Support
- Assist the ELM President, ELM Action Fund Executive Director, VP for Strategic Partnerships and Development Director with development-related tasks, as needed
- Research potential new sources of funding including foundations, high-net-worth individuals, corporations, and more
- Maintain profiles and accounts for ELM and the ELM Action Fund on key donor and nonprofit directories
- Grant Writing
- Outline and/or draft grant applications and grant reports
- Coordinate ELM Policy and Political staff in writing, editing, and submitting grants
- Gift Processing and Acknowledgement
- Process all monetary gifts as they come in and acknowledge them within a week
- Ensure all acknowledgements are updated seasonally
- Salesforce Database Management
- Ensure new information is promptly updated
- Ensure systems within Salesforce are working efficiently
- Event Management
- Coordinate our fundraising events each year, including house parties and online events
- Support other ELM events including meetings, our Earth Night annual reception, and Corporate Council events
- Board Management
- Coordinate Boards of Directors and Advisory Council meetings
- Take minutes at board meetings
- Keep all board information up to date
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, collaborative, and detail-oriented
- Commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into ELM’s work and to ensuring an inclusive organizational culture
- Experience using Salesforce
Compensation: $45-50k, depending on experience. ELM provides generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, Health Savings Account, and a 403(b) retirement plan with organizational match.
This role requires occasional morning and evening commitments outside of the standard 9-5 office hours. The position is based in Boston, MA and will require periodic travel within Massachusetts. ELM is still mapping out our ‘return to the office’ plans and we are willing to be flexible to accommodate some remote work and a flexible schedule if requested. The job is posted as a 40-hour/week role.
ELM is an equal-opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, creed, religion, personal appearance, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, or sexual orientation.