Top Priority Bills
H3255 – An Act to Promote EV Fleets by 2035 by Representative Barber and Representative Meschino
H878/S610 – An Act to save recycling costs in the commonwealth by Representative Day and Senator Rush
H3559 – An Act relative to public transit electrification by Representative Barber and Representative Owens
H3350 – An Act relative to building energy and decarbonization by Representative Meschino
H3336 – An Act relative to energy facilities siting reform to address environmental justice, climate, and public health by Representative Madaro
H3302/S2155 – An Act to Promote Offshore Wind Energy and Renewables by Representative Fernandes and Senator Cyr
Green Budget Line-Items
- Increase the Department of Environmental Protection’s (MassDEP) Administration line-item (2200-0100) by $6.88M to $40M (from $39.78M in FY21). Governor’s Budget is $33.12M.
- Increase the Department of Conservation and Recreation’s (DCR) State Parks and Recreation line item (2810-0100) by $2.62M to $50M (from $51.53M in FY21with earmarks). Governor’s Budget is $47.38M.
- Increase MassWildlife’s Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program line-item (2310-0300) to $1M (from $500k in FY21). Governor’s Budget is $154,222.
- Increase the Division of Ecological Restoration (DER) FY22 operating budget line item (2300-0101) by $400k to $3M (from $2.6M in FY21). Governor’s Budget is $2M.
Secondary Priority Bills
H851/S524 – An Act preserving open space in the commonwealth (Public Lands Preservation Act) by Representative Balser and Senator Eldridge
H805/S459 – An Act fostering voting opportunities, trust, equity, and security by Representative Lawn and Senator Creem
S2167 – An Act to support innovation and local investment in the green economy/ Act to increase funding and enhance the mission of the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center by Representative Dykema and Senator Eldridge
H898/S1936 – An Act relative to maintaining adequate water supplies through effective drought management by Representative Dykema and Senator Eldridge
H1792/S996 – An Act to create access to justice by Representative Meschino, Representative Madaro and Senator DiDominico
H3292 – An Act achieving a green future with infrastructure and workforce investments by Representative Driscoll
H3334/S2196 – An Act relative to home energy efficiency by Representative Madaro and Senator Lesser
H2960 – An Act increasing the conservation land tax credit by Representative Jones
H2230/ S1447 – An Act to improve outdoor and indoor air quality for communities burdened by transportation pollution by Representative Barber, Representative Connolly, and Senator Jehlen
H1686/S2197 – An Act to prevent biomass energy to protect the air we breathe by Representative Livingstone, Representative Ramos, and Senator Lesser
H3243 – An Act sparking the modernization of state heating systems by Representative Vitolo
H980/S501 – An Act promoting sustainable development and infrastructure, economic security, and fiscal responsibility with respect to climate risks by Representative Peake and Senator Collins
H983/S603 – An Act establishing a Massachusetts Flood Risk Protection Program by Representative Peake and Senator Pacheco
H3288/S2136 – 100% Clean Act by Representative Decker, Representative Garballey, and Senator Boncore
H3264/S2138 – An act relative to transportation and environmental justice by Representative Blais and Senator Boncore
S665/H1223 – An Act to establish a Massachusetts Public Bank by Representative Mike Connolly and Representative Nika Elugardo
- Increase Supplier Diversity office’s line-item (1780-0100) by $3M to $5.5M. Governor’s Budget is $2.5M.