Campaign and Volunteer Organizer
Our Action Fund is seeking a full-time Campaign and Volunteer Organizer to help us continue to build grassroots power to protect our state’s environment through advocacy and elections. To learn more about the position and the ELM Action Fund, please visit www.elmaction.org/join-the-team/. Deadline for applications is August 23, 2017.
Intern with ELM
We accept intern applications on a rolling basis. Here are some guidelines:
- If you are interested in a spring internship, we recommend applying by December.
- If you are interested in a summer internship, we recommend applying by April.
- If you are interested in a fall internship, we recommend applying by September.
Our preference is to have interns work with us for a minimum of 15 hours per week for at least four months. Internships are unpaid, but provide an excellent opportunity to learn about how things work at a small, statewide-focused, fast-paced advocacy organization. If you are passionate about our mission and believe you would be a strong contributor to our team, we’d like to hear from you. Organization, attention to detail, reliability, comfort working in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work collaboratively as well as with minimal supervision are some of the top qualities we seek.
- Development/Communications Intern: Development and Communication Interns play a key role assisting with fundraising, communications, events, general administration, and special projects at ELM. The position offers an opportunity to develop and hone professional skills, gain exposure to best practices in fundraising and communications at an advocacy organization, and help strengthen the reach and effectiveness of the environmental community in Massachusetts.
- Policy Advocacy Intern: Put your research, communication, and data management skills to use to contribute to our advocacy team’s work to influence state environmental policy. You will attend and assist with numerous meetings and events, conduct research, draft testimony and other brief documents, proofread materials, assist with keeping our database up-to-date. You will gain exposure to a wide-range of issues related to environment, energy, and climate. You will meet leaders from dozens of environmental organizations. You will come away with a greater understanding of how policymaking on the state level really works.
To apply, please submit a PDF with a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address your cover letter to Environmental League. The cover letter should note which internship you are applying for. Please explain why you are interested in interning at ELM and what skills you will be able to contribute, as well as your availability.
Be in the Know
Find out about our work, our events, and ways you can get involved.
- Legislation and environmental policy
- Action alerts on time-critical issues in need of grassroots support
- Environmental news impacting Massachusetts
- Events in the environmental community–talks, conferences, films