Intern with ELM
We accept intern applications on a rolling basis. Here are some guidelines:
- If you are interested in a spring internship, we recommend applying by November 1st.
- If you are interested in a summer internship, we recommend applying by March 1st.
- Development and Communications internship accepting late applications!
- If you are interested in a fall internship, we recommend applying by August 1st.
Our preference is to have interns work with us for a minimum of 15 hours per week for at least four months. Internships are paid and provide an excellent opportunity to learn about how things work at a small, statewide-focused, fast-paced advocacy organization. If you are passionate about our mission and believe you would be a strong contributor to our team, we’d like to hear from you. Organization, attention to detail, reliability, comfort working in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work collaboratively as well as with minimal supervision are some of the top qualities we seek.
- Development and Communications Intern: Development and Communication Interns play a key role assisting with fundraising, communications, events, general administration, and special projects at ELM. The position offers an opportunity to develop and hone professional skills, gain exposure to best practices in fundraising and communications at an advocacy organization, and help strengthen the reach and effectiveness of the environmental community in Massachusetts.
Political Campaign Fellow: The ELM Action Fund is looking for interns to be part of our Campaign Fellows program who will help elect environmental champions and to build the power of the environmental community in Massachusetts. To apply and read more about this opportunity with our Action Fund, please visit www.elmaction.org/join-the-team/.
To apply, please submit a PDF with a one-page cover letter and one-page resume to email@example.com. Please address your cover letter to Environmental League. The cover letter should note which internship you are applying for. Please explain why you are interested in interning at ELM and what skills you will be able to contribute, as well as your availability.
Be in the Know
Find out about our work, our events, and ways you can get involved.
- Legislation and environmental policy
- Action alerts on time-critical issues in need of grassroots support
- Environmental news impacting Massachusetts
- Events in the environmental community–talks, conferences, films