Reporting to: ELM Action Fund Executive Director
The Environmental League of Massachusetts (ELM) and the ELM Action Fund are committed to advocating for policy and building political power that meet the scale and urgency of our environmental challenges. We are seeking a Campaign Manager to support all electoral and advocacy efforts of the Action Fund and be a thoughtful member of a dynamic team. This is an opportunity to help elect transformational leaders and advance key policies that will protect our environment and set us on a path to a clean energy future.
The Campaign Manager will be an integral member of a collegial and effective 13-person advocacy organization, and oversee a dynamic group of college and graduate student Fellows. Read our purpose, mission, vision, and values for ELM and the ELM Action Fund.
Primary responsibilities include:
Supporting Endorsed Candidates:
- Build and manage relationships with ELM Action Fund endorsed candidates and their teams
- Drive the electoral programs of the ELM Action Fund, including voter outreach, direct mail, and digital efforts to support our endorsed candidates
- Manage voter outreach tools including the VAN database and ThruText
- Collect and interpret data on campaign tactics to inform future decisions
- Support the digital and outreach efforts of the ELM Communications team
- Create a volunteer engagement program that serves the ELM Action Fund’s mission, utilizing best practices
- Cultivate relationships with other 501c4 organizations and assist in representing the ELM Action Fund at coalition meetings and events
- Work with Political Director to develop a comprehensive Municipal Light Plant Board Election program
- Support the implementation of ELM’s endorsement process
- Implement candidate training program (long term)
Managing the Fellowship Program:
- Develop and lead the ELM Action Fund Campaign & Advocacy Fellowship Program, including implementing inclusive recruitment and hiring practices and building a welcoming and engaging community
- Manage the Fellows’ time (4-6 Fellows per session), training, and activation to support the ELM Action Fund’s endorsed candidates
Competitive candidates will possess:
- At least 1-2 years of campaign or related experience
- Desire to build and cultivate relationships with candidates, campaign staff, and other non-profit organizations
- Ability to problem-solve independently and proactively
- Exceptional persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, and social media savvy
- Experience coordinating interns or volunteers
- Ability to balance and prioritize leading several projects simultaneously with limited oversight
- Experience working with databases and systems such as VAN and ThruText
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Commitment to centering racial justice and equity in ELM’s work and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture
- Proficiency in a non-English language, particularly Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Mandarin is highly desirable
ELM provides generous paid time off, health insurance, Health Reimbursement Account, and a 403(b) retirement plan with organizational match.
While the role is typically 40-hours per week, it may require occasional morning and evening commitments outside of the standard 9-5 office hours. The position is based in Boston, MA and will require periodic travel within Massachusetts. We are willing to be flexible to accommodate some remote work and a flexible schedule if requested.
To apply: Please fill out this optional demographic survey, then send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Campaign Manager.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
ELM is an equal-opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, creed, religion, personal appearance, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, or sexual orientation.